Before we go with our vegetarian high-protein menu, let’s do a review of plant foods that contain more protein:
Foods rich in vegetable protein (amount per 100g)
Vegetarian menu rich in protein
The recommendation for vegetarian athletes is 1.4 – 2 g / kg of weight / day
A 70kg athlete should take between 98g / day and 140g / day
This menu that we propose below contains 116 g of proteins.
Mug cake with egg and chocolate chips
- Oatmeal – 25g (two tablespoons)
- Banana – 50g (half banana / small banana)
- Yeast – 5g (dessert spoon)
- Egg – 60g (unit)
- Cinnamon powder – 5g (to taste)
- 80% dark chocolate – 10 g (one ounce chopped)
- Mash the banana with the help of a fork.
- Add and mix well with the oatmeal, beaten egg, yeast and cinnamon.
- Pour the contents into a cup.
- Put it in the microwave for 1 minute on maximum power. Depending on the microwave, you may need one more minute.
- Add the chopped chocolate over the hot mug cake so that they melt and enjoy!
Kcal : 324kcal (with these amounts)
Proteins: 20% of kcal
Hydrates: 49% of kcal
Fats: 31% of kcal
The egg contains a very complete protein, with all the essential amino acids that your body needs. Taking it in the morning we ensure that daily contribution. With this recipe we turn it into a sweet breakfast, without added sugars and filling to get to the next meal well.
Soy yogurt with red berries and hemp seeds
- Soy yogurt – 125g (unit)
- Blueberries – 10g (one tablespoon)
- Raspberries – 10g (one tablespoon)
- Hemp seeds – 10g (a dessert spoon)
- Open the yogurt and pour it into a container.
- Crush or grind the hemp seeds and add them on top.
- Add fresh raspberries and blueberries. You can also use frozen berries.
Kcal : 144kcal (with these amounts)
Proteins: 25% of kcal
Hydrates: 25% of kcal
Fats: 50% of kcal
Hemp seeds have more than 30% protein, making them an ideal complement in vegetarian food. It also provides high quality essential fatty acids. They are also an important source of insoluble fiber, that is why it is better to crush them to better assimilate all their nutrients.
Taking berries daily will keep your immune system strong.
G bean sauce with vegetables and seitan
- Dried beans – 60g (one cup)
- Onion – 40g (half unit)
- Tomato – 40g (half unit)
- Garlic – 1g (half clove)
- Seitan – 70g (a medium chunk)
- Paprika – 5g (a dessert spoon)
- Laurel – 2g (a dry leaf)
- Olive oil – 5g (one spoon)
- Pepper – 1g (to taste)
- Salt – 1g (to taste)
- Soak the beans in plenty of water for at least 12 hours before cooking. You can use a preserve, but keep in mind that legumes increase three times in size when cooked since they absorb a lot of water.
- Put some olive oil in a pot, sauté half the onion and the minced garlic.
- Add the tomato and half of the carrot cut into small pieces. Sauté and remove from heat. Crush all the sauce and return it to the pot.
- Add half of the vegetables you have reserved and the hydrated beans.
- Cover well with water, season, add the bay leaf and bring it to a low heat with the pot covered for an hour.
- Meanwhile, sauté the seitan on the grill or pan until golden.
- When you have it, rectify with salt and plate the beans with the seitan
Kcal : 400kcal (with these amounts)
Proteins: 32% of kcal
Hydrates: 50% of kcal
Fats: 18% of kcal
Legumes are a great source of fiber and vegetable protein. You can include them daily in your meals, also a form of hummus or salads.
T sweet egg whites with peanut butter and strawberries
- Egg face – 100 g (4 whites approx.)
- Peanut butter 15 g (one tablespoon)
- Fresh whipped cheese 0% – 20 g (two tablespoons)
- Strawberries 60g – (3 or 4 units)
- Grated coconut – 10 g (a dessert spoon)
- Liquid sweetener – 2g (a dessert spoon)
- Beat the egg whites to froth them a little and add sweetener. Keep beating.
- Add the 0% whipped fresh cheese and mix with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture over the pan. You can add cinnamon.
- Cook like an omelette. Once it is practically cooked on one side, turn it over with the help of a shovel and that’s it.
- Cut a strawberry and serve with peanut butter and grated coconut.
Kcal : 233kcal (with these amounts)
Proteins: 32% of kcal
Hydrates: 20% of kcal
Fats: 49% of kcal
Peanut butter is a way to add nuts to your diet. Nuts, on the one hand, have a very interesting fatty acid composition for your body, but on the other hand, they increase your daily calories a lot. Try to moderate its amount. Caloric needs vary depending on your physical activity, training, metabolism, etc. so weighing the amounts is key.
C Alabacín stuffed with textured soy
- Zucchini – 200 g (one large piece)
- Crushed tomato – 80g (1 ½ cups)
- Fine textured soy – 50g (one cup)
- Parmesan cheese or vegan cheese – 15g (one spoon)
- Olive oil – 10g (one spoon)
- Salt – 1g (a pinch)
- Pepper – 1g (a pinch)
- Parsley – 5g (to taste)
- Soak the textured soy for at least 15 minutes to hydrate.
- Preheat the oven to 180º.
- Cut the top of the zucchini and carefully empty them (you can help yourself with a pastry spoon to remove balls).
- Place them on greaseproof paper and put them in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Chop the onion finely and fry it in a frying pan with a little oil. When it is golden add the chopped zucchini that you have extracted.
- Add the textured soybeans and continue sautéing, stirring occasionally.
- Spice with a little pepper and salt and add the crushed tomato.
- Sauté until enough water has evaporated and add a little chopped fresh parsley.
- Take the zucchini out of the oven and fill with the stir fry. You can add a little Parmesan cheese or vegetable cheese on top.
- Bake them at 200ºC for 10-15 minutes.
Kcal : 412kcal (with these amounts)
Proteins: 37% of kcal
Hydrates: 37% of kcal
Fats: 26% of kcal
Stuffed zucchini are a different way of consuming vegetables and a valid option to incorporate them in winter and summer. Textured soy has a texture and appearance very similar to minced meat and is very versatile in the kitchen as it has no flavor.
If this vegetarian menu rich in protein tastes little to you and you want to improve your vegetarian nutrition, take a look at our service with online nutritionist .